How To Change Start Up Sound In Windows XP
A specific sound is played during the initial start up stage of Windows XP. Perhaps, you got bored by hearing the same sound again and again when ever starts computer. This sound can be changed; user can replace it with his choice. Only condition is that it must be in wave format. Windows sound recorder can be used to create such file in wave format. Below are the simple steps to follow to replace windows start up sound.
Step By Step:
- Go to Start >> Control Panel >> Sound and Audio Devices
- In sound and Audio Devices dialogue box go to sound tab
- In sound tab select “start windows” from program events
- Next to play button click on browse and select the desired on to replace existing sound file.
- Click on Ok and Restart PC to check it.
Not only start up sound but user also can change error sound, pop up menu opening sound, maximize, minimize, exit and various action sound.