- In computer each application, driver, or service those are loaded at startup, background task and each electronic circuit consumes battery. In short, it is a good idea to connect minimum devices to laptop while working. Suppose, you are not working online and wi-fi service is on or 3G USB dongle is connected, this will consume battery of laptop unnecessarily. We just need to disconnect such devices.
- Make sure your laptop display is not much brighter unnecessary; if it is then make it dim.
- Go to Run option from the Start menu and enter MSCONFIG. A dialogue box “system configuration” will appear. In the dialogue box select the “Startup” tab. Here, you will find a list of the services and applications those are started in the background, and consume battery, simply check them to disable. But make sure here some of the securities or antivirus services are still running.
- Again Go to Run and enter SERVICES.MSC and press enter. You will get a dialogue box “Services”. Check their services, automatically started, for each service read their description and decide weather it is necessary or not. If not then stop it.
- Go to Device Manager By pressing Windows + Break button. In the dialogue box go to hardware and click on device manager. There will appear a list of all the connected peripherals to the system. Some of them we don’t use but they are there and consume battery. Better to disable them. To disable follow these screenshots
Thursday, October 11, 2012
5 Points To Improve Your Laptop’s Battery Life.By Jitendra Indave in: How to Laptop Start Up On Thursday, October 11, 2012
Generally laptop is loaded with integrated peripherals and bloatware those users will never use during the work but those still consume resources and reduce battery life. Here, we will discuss some points to improve laptop’s battery life. We will go through some of the simple tricks.
Beside it few more hacks are there but it is recommended for advance user. Later in the next post we will see it.